Back to school tips!
5 simple and easy ‘Back to School’ tips from Dream Space Organizing.
Some parents and commercials may agree that this is ‘The most wonderful time of the year!’. Are you ready to send your little or not so little ones back to school? Are you ready for the early mornings, limited bathroom time, lunch making, rush hour traffic jamming, anxiety building time of the year?! I think that should be another blog! Today is about remaining calm and focused by being organized even though you are under pressure of getting your children back to class on time and on a budget! Back to school shopping can cause a dent in the budget but with these few tricks it doesn’t need to!
1. Take stock of what you already have. What supplies are left over from last year? What about ‘hand me downs’? Search high and low around the house and you may surprise yourself on what is really required.
2. Sign up online now to your favorite stores to start saving! These days, if you sign up anywhere online, you are bound to get something for free (BOGO) or even weekly email discounts. Some places even provide free shipping so you don’t even have to leave the house to battle the traffic! Try www.Staples.ca for example. They have great weekly savings and free shipping!
3. Write a list of what you really need and stick to it! Don’t over spend on things that aren’t required like ‘It was so cute I had to get it’. If you don’t need it, don’t buy it! This saves time, money and space!
4. Check your weekly flyers. Places like Wal-Mart do price matching. Bring in a competitors flyer and if they sell the exact same item, they will price match it for you at the competitors price. www.walmart.ca This is another great way to save your money!
5. Check Kijiji for any furniture items you may need like a desk, shelf unit or filing cabinet. You will be surprised on what you can get at a very low cost and still in great shape! www.kijiji.ca
I hope these tips find you to be helpful and keep you on track, on budget and organized!
Until next time, good luck and shop wisely!
Trained Professional Organizer – The FUN Organizer!